Friday, July 20, 2012

BLANKO


Upon a sudden recollection of a good friends’ journal that contained musings about life, love and everything in between, I again became envious of how she easily collected every trivial pursuit in a nutshell, captured each passing reverie in writing (and doodling) and simply had the patience to be well..patient for each eureka moment to pop out. Funny, that this repressed fascination came out like a faucet leak in this moment in my life where I am somewhere between nowhere and everywhere. That same lass also made me evolve in writing more intimate pieces (without us being intimate -- Filipinos crave showbiz so I have to reiterate that trivia). I still name her as my favorite poet until now (a shout out to Sarah Mediatrix Toraldo!).

Unlike other writers, I never got chummy with old fashioned literature. Though Robert Frost and Edgar Allan Poe’s poems did tickle my fancy once in my life, I never had the audacity to namedrop poets because I simply cannot relate with the greats. Must be the old-fashioned rhythm and wordings. Must be my lack of intellect. Yes, poor me. So meeting Sarah was my LSD – opening my skies to the lucys and diamonds and walruses of the world. She made me took out all the bull and jargons and help me focus on the heart of each word that I want to paint, without really trying to teach me how (Ben Gibbard took it from there though). So wherever you are Sarah, you are a Rico Blanco song back in college and will forever be.

hayup kung tumingin

Last week, I received a status comment from an officemate who has his own poetry site. Being the envious bastard that I am, I took it to myself to treat my poems with a new home. Not just a site window or sub-link (like in FB where you can find all my poems too – sorry I am a sucker for compliments), but a real black hole dedicated to be a cathartic place of some sort for my own well-being --- a somewhere to exorcise my demons when I’m not on stage.

And just posting all my latest poems here seems to give me a release that I didn’t exactly expect. A mental masturbation. Guess I needed this, after all the shit I have been trying to dust and dissect in my head.


On a side note, I realized that blogsite is indeed less complicated than wordpress. my band though remains loyal to the other site. As for me, WELCOME TOURISTS~!

until we tumble, we are faithless.

1 comment: