Thursday, August 30, 2012

BIG WEEK AHEAD


And I hope I'll get through the fun in one piece.
1.       UP Diliman gig on the 31st of August at the CS Ampitheatre Call me promdi and gullible but I still place UP in a pedestal. The green grounds. The endless possibilities of learning. The freedom of speech. The great minds. They have it all. Even their tapsilog and isaw are holiness personified. I always dreamt of doing UP Fair just to feel like an adopted exchange student on stage doing the Napoleon Dynamite dance moves. Mababaw nga kaligayahan ko.

My mom didn’t allow me to take the UPCAT, you see. She wanted me stuck in Bicol so they will be there to fend off outside influences like over-preachy religious ministers and bad medicine. The result? I became anti-religion and tried all the drugs I can get my hands off for the heck of it.
I would have taken up Creative Writing. I can imagine myself spewing jargons about Nietzsche or Eliot and acting all vigilant to the present administration. Yes I am resorting to clichés. I apologize,  dear Maroons.


2.       Solo acoustic/ukulele gig on the 31st of August at Autonomy Bar – I’m going to do a little intermission number for my company’s sports victory fest. Already delayed for 3 months, I am proud to say I pulled off the planning and reservation easily once the funds were released. The challenge is to offer a good time to the 270 members of the department for a measly 10 thousand pesos. Thinking about it, it’s a difficult proposal and I assure you it is. You can’t feed 270 mouths with Jollibee 39ers. I mean I like their lumpia shanghai meal but where’s the fun in that? You simply know that 39 pesos worth of meal doesn’t give you that champion treatment that you deserve. Plus it ain’t even enough. The solution? Filtering. Put them in a bar on a salary day. Feed them, let them order drinks. Once the tab reached 10 thousand pesos, the people will be informed about the dilemma and ask them to have a personal tab. You can’t leave and cut the party short when you’re enjoying it, right? But it’s not black mail. My teammates will be informed of the limits before the party starts. O well, the hassle of budgeting.

3.       Mini-thesis/Term Papers – I feel bad that I will be absenting myself from my MA classes this Saturday. But what can I do?  First is first, you can’t absent yourself from the once-in-a-lifetime recording session – happening also this Saturday. Paper works made me resign from my 6-year counselor/psychometrician job (among other things). So imagine my dismay that I have to go through it again and this time, I’m the one paying the school to make me do all these horrendous things! But all is good, all is good. I love psychology so much; I need to find ways to get me up and going. September is a busy month for me. Semester is ending. In less than 2 years, I’ll have an asking price for each advice I give. I kid, I kid. Or am I?

4.       Your Imaginary Friends  recording session on Sonic State Audio – Finally after 2 years of waiting, my band will start tracking two songs from the new EP tentatively titled “Silence is a Villain” this Sept 1-2. The two songs that will be recorded are Your Silence is the Villain (the 1st single) and Beyond Euphemisms . Both songs are machined from bitterness and heartbreaks. Emo kami p're.
        Hope this new EP will successfully emit a transatlanticism vibe. A huge departure from the 1st one whose coming of themes placed us in the "cute-easy listening" category.
         Speaking of cute, A group of Scholasticans is making a documentary about the band. They will be documenting the gig later at UP and the Saturday recording sessions. Watch for it too. 
        Swell time!

3 comments: