Thursday, July 26, 2012

sheeps and that sheepish look



As much as I don't want to admit it, sleep is magic. Keeps you from becoming a wreck. And looking like one. I remember yesterday when I was exchanging cheesy banters with office mates and being too cheerful for my own sake that I consumed a total of three cups of tea for the whole day.  All because I had a good 7 hours sleep and a 30-minute office nap during my lunch break. 

Sunlight becomes the enemy today. I’m not into summer to begin with but a single sudden beam reminded me of how they can transform into Katana blades.

In a nutshell : Today, not a good day. No regrets for downing 4 redhorse and finishing the Pumpkin Tribute gig in Saguijo last night, but my mind’s keep spacing out with only 3 hours of sleep. I am impressed though that my body clock does set off at the right time. Ah, the wonders of conditioning. 

Back to the issue: It doesn’t help that I have this pending work load that I need to submit before morning ends. A colleague even noticed that I’m kind of practicing to be a wallflower today. She noticed that I’m unnoticeable. Oxy-Moron. It works for the mood. and daze. Dazed. If I can only freeze everything.  Get me Doc Brown.

At least I get to watch Ang Nawawala later just to check what’s the fuss about. That can be a complete turn-around. I’m already guessing though that this will definitely trample Henares’ inconsistent but enjoyable RakenRol. I’m bumping these movies head-to-head in my mind because both are young directors who’s also known in the music industry, uses the music scene as a backdrop for their story and has the same coming-of-age love angle. And who doesn't love some competition?
Which made me wonder: Are we going to have our own version of Almost Famous? I'm sure someone out there is drafting the script right now inspired by the two films mentioned above. I'll even welcome our own Rock of Ages. We need one, just to break the monotony of Star Cinema's offerings. 

 A BIG BUT: Is the masa ready to welcome movies with pop culture references? An insignificant and petty observation but I think it’s worth blurting out. Lots of movies did that already – Pinoy Blonde easily comes to mind but they usually don’t translate well or it is usually classified too high-brow for the box-office taste. Indie ma-gets. Trying to be funny. Not working. Haha.

Looking forward to nap time. I need to be loveable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment