Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ANALOGUE FEVER


My gums are blushing with excitement upon hearing that friend Bongkee dela Torre is going to lend me three of his analog camera for my Anawangin getaway this weekend. It has been a while since I installed a 135 mm film at the back of a smooth plastic camera and the rush is just killing me even just by thinking of it. Think the musky scent of a favorite hardbound which you accidentaly found in a forgotten bookstore. The anticipation of guilt-free sex. A plateful of keema being readied after a long ride to West Avenue. 'Ganun.

I first used a borrowed fisheye2 two years and it resulted to a couple of excellent albums (check my facebook photos) before it was taken away from me by its rightful owner. Sigh.


I was given a Smena Symbol as an xmas gift from a family member which I gave up eventually after a year because I was in the verge of a financial turmoil. I shed tears on that decision literally.


But enough of the sob stories. I'll be posting the evidences of my analogue camera de-virginization in a week or two. For now, these are my xmas wishlist. Who knows, you might just be kind enough to give this freeloader something to blog about:



SPROCKET ROCKET




A wide angle panoramic viewpoint. with sprocket holes. a dual winding knobs that enables double exposure. and a cool cool look!


FISHEYE 2





What can I say? first love never dies. And having a variety of designs instead of  the black and white variant made it more desirable for me for I am not, to put it bluntly, your usual neutral-colored guy.



LOMOKINO



I have a storyboard in my mind which I like to put to life for Your Imaginary Friend's song Nikita using this baby. It's gonna be a lot expensive since a 35mm-36 shots film will capture only approximately 30 seconds of footage, but I don't know, I think it's worth the hassle.


Techies will always be rallying against this expensive, impractical habit but only on this small window in life do I think that nostalgia and sentimentality is put to good use. Besides, who doesn't want a color-splashed life?








No comments:

Post a Comment