Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MONOCHROME


"your blog is too colorful", a friend told me. 

I replied with a smirk. I honestly don't have any psychoanalytic exposition to justify this subconscious preference. Maybe I like dressing up all my whining with a distinctive flourish. More like a standard Flaming Lips song. Maybe my inner child wants out but it has been poisoned by the likes of German Moreno and Lito Camo that it quivers badly to even announce its existence confidently.




maybe. maybe. uncertainties looming in.

My drummer illustrated a common mistake in graphic design : too much diversity. a plethora of font style and color doesn't necessarily translate as eye-catching or aesthetically beautiful. Instead it can be quite distracting and you don't want that if your purpose is to get your message across.

RATS.


Even with English and Filipino as core subjects since the start of our formal education, people always fail to get their message across. Why is that?

I borrowed (or stole) this book in my office's library 5 years ago about Color Psychology. They included several square papers representing different colors and you have to choose your favorites in order. The book always has a good analysis in figuring out what you are feeling at that very moment. 

If colors will be used as signals for people to know what they are going through, then we won't be needing words. Imagine people scramming away from people wearing black. oh, they already do that to emo and metal kids. poor them. More libel suits on the way. Hooray to the Judicial system.

One day, I'll find a girl with kaleidoscope eyes 
maybe then, words, or even colors wouldn't matter.

maybe. maybe. uncertainties looming in.

But for now, I'll buy a box of crayon and draw a yellow sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment